We are pleased to report that the works are progressing well, and largely in line with the contractors programme, although we are currently anticipating a slight project over-run of approximately 2 weeks due to the extent and amount of external fabric repair works currently being undertaken. We will obviously keep you advised in this regard.
Detailed below is a brief summary of the main elements of works currently being undertaken:
– Scaffolding works: Completed to all elevations;
– Brickwork & Stone work Cleaning: Cleaning works are 80% complete, with the Grantully Road elevation expected to be completed by close of play 19th August. Cleaning works will then commence to the Biddulph Road & Ashworth Road elevations, which will involve the installation of temporary protection to the affected windows. A final wash down will be undertaken following completion of the brickwork repairs;
– Brickwork & stonework repairs (including brick face replacement, repointing and reforming the defective stonework): These are ongoing are anticipated to be completed by end of September;
– Pipework repairs: These are ongoing and anticipated to be completed within the next 2 weeks;
Window Repair & Redecoration:
Timber repairs are currently being undertaken to the windows contained in blocks 10-9, along with primary redecoration works to bring forward defects.
If extensive timber repairs/replacements are required to be undertaken which require access to your premises then DBR will contact you direct. Upon completion of these preliminary works, DBR will require the windows serving your property to be left open for a period of time during normal working hours Monday to Friday to facilitate painting of the leading edges etc. in accordance with the specification.
The works will be undertaken in phases and commence on the following flats / dates as detailed below:
Block 10 (Containing Flats 84 – 93)
– Works commencing 29th August 2011 and DBR will therefore access to your windows serving your property for the week;
Block 9 (Containing Flats 75 – 83)
– Works commencing 5th September 2011 and DBR will therefore access to your windows serving your property for the week;
Blocks 6-8 will be advised of the proposed dates for the repair and redecoration works in due course.
Although we appreciate that providing access for the contractors requested period may be inconvenient, we would once again politely request that access arrangements are made to enable the contractor to undertake the full repairs. Please note for insurance purposes, your flat should not be left unattended during this requested period.
Without access being made available, the contractors may need to either:
– Carry out timber repairs from externally only (where possible) & paint the windows in the closed position, or;
– If it is not possible to complete timber repairs without opening the window, (i.e. if timber sections need replacing), then as agreed with the Ashworth Mansions Ltd., board, DBR reserve the right to not undertake repair & redecoration works to the window in question and the resident will have to make own arrangements at their own cost.
– These access issues may also have a detrimental affect on the programme of works and may result in additional costs if the scaffolding is retained for longer than originally programmed.
– Please note: The contractors, DBR will not be responsible for easing windows that have been painted shut once the contract is complete.
Project Team Contact Details:
In addition to the above, we also write to advise of a change of site foreman for the remainder of the project. Danny Shaw will be your site manager for the remainder of the contract, his contact details, along with the project team are as follows:
– Danny Shaw – DBR (London) Ltd. – Site Manager
- Mobile No.: 07731 745 743
– Nick Herridge – SHW – Contract Administrator:
- Mobile No.: 07885 743 201;
– Robert Handley – SHW – Assistant Contract Administrator:
- Mobile No.: 07715 403 825;
– David Lucas – DBR (London) Ltd. – Contracts Manager:
- Mobile No.: 07887 737 345;
Fortnightly Resident Meetings:
As previously discussed, SHW/DBR are holding fortnightly Leaseholder/Resident ‘drop in’ site meetings at 8.00am in the Contractors welfare facilities, which are to be contained within the store adjacent the Boiler Room contained in Block 1.
The meetings will be held on the following dates:
– Wednesday 31st August @ 8.00am;
– Wednesday 14th September @ 8.00am;
– Wednesday 28th September @ 8.00am;
– Wednesday 12th October @ 8.00am;
– Wednesday 26th October 2011 @ 8.00am;
These meetings will be an opportunity for leaseholders/residents to discuss any queries direct with the project team and your attendance would be welcomed.
Just to remind you that access to the site and scaffold is secure and closely monitored, and all site based contractors are wearing clothing with DBR emblazoned logo’s etc., however we would ask that you are vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour to the site manager immediately.
As detailed above, DBR will require intermittent access to your property, however this will be organised through the site manager and you should not allow access to contractors without prior agreement. If you are in any doubt, we would ask that you contact any of the project team detailed above.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you again that the scaffolding is a work place and thus unauthorised access if not permitted onto these working platforms at any time. In addition your extra vigilance would be appreciated to ensure that children or animals do not access the scaffolding at any period.
Although we note and appreciate that many of you have removed personal items from the balcony areas etc., there are still some possessions remaining on the balcony and these should be removed to prevent any damage during the course of the works. The contractor will not be held liable for any damage caused by failure to remove such items.
Nick Herridge and his colleague Robert Handley, are continuing to undertake regular site inspections of the works however in the mean time, should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact either of them at SHW.